|35mm Archival Print Film
- Prior Consultation
- The applicant must first verify with Korean Film Archive for availability of the material by visiting KMDb
- If the material that you desire to use is available, please send the title of the material, the purpose of usage, how long the material will be used, and number of screenings to the corresponding contact person, then we will check the condition of the material, for availability, renting fees and information of the copyrighter.
- The following important technical conditions must be met in order for the application to be approved: must be equipped with a theater facility and a professional projectionist must be present. You may not rent materials without satisfying all of the conditions.
- Archival Film must be projected using the traditional Reel by Reel method where two projectors are used. The use of a platter is strictly prohibited.
- Archival Films, including leaders must not be deformed in any way (cut, joined, marked, folded, etc.), this must be well observed.
- Renters must be careful when inspecting, projecting, packaging, transporting and managing the film. The film must be delivered door to door via a reliable transportation company. Renters are charged for film shipment fees; this includes the returning fee as well.
- Renters are responsible for problems related to the copyright of materials, and the materials shall not be used as any other way except for the purposes stated in application form.
- Damaged film must be reported promptly and in detail. Korean Film Archive may demand total or partial compensation for the damages. The renter must abide by the decision of Korean film Archive.
- Submitting Application Form (At least 15days before)
- If after the initial consultation you have been notified that the material is available, please apply with required documents listed below. Materials may only be rented if applications are submitted at least 15 days in advance.
※ The application is due 15 days prior to the date the projectionist desires the film to be received by, not 15 days prior to the first screening.
- Documents to be attached:
- Film Material Rent Application Form (download)
- Copyright Agreement: Indicate title of the film festival, title of the organization hosting the film festival, date and time, location, and number of screening
- Film Festival Insurance Certificate: Certificate which demonstrates that the renter is covered by insurance for accidents that occur during the film screenings.
- FIAF Members Archive Letter of Guarantee: Attach a letter composed by the nearest FIAF Member Archive from the location of the screening which verifies that the film screenings comply with the International Archive standards. (FIAF web-site)
- Notifying the result, Sending the invoice
- An invoice for the usage fees will be sent along with the results of the application.
- Paying for Material Usage Fee
- After paying the Material Usage Fee, please send a copy of the payment receipt to the person in charge, which enables us to rapidly verify payment completion. After verifying that the payment has been completed, the material is ready for shipment. Payment must be completed 3 days before the shipment of the material.
- Material Delivery
- Renters are charged for transportation fees, this includes the returning fees. Renters must hire a reliable door to door shipping company when shipping the materials.
- Using and Returning Material
- Rented materials must be returned within 30 days of shipment. Additional charges may be applied on overdue materials.
|Renting Fees= Material Processing Fees +Additional Processing Fees
- Material Processing Fee
|Contents||Processing Fee(per reel)||Notes|
|35mm Archival Film Print||15,000won||* Based on one time use, double in case of two screenings.|
* Maximum screening number is limited to two.
- Additional Processing Fees
|Content Processing (Inspection)||Processing Fees (Reel)|
|1,000ft Unit||2,000ft Unit|
|Prior to shipment the condition of films to be screened overseas are closely inspected to check for screening suitability. ||25,000won||50,000won|
※ A typical full-length film (generally 110 minutes) comprises about 6 Reels each 2,000ft in length. Exact renting fees will be informed during the prior consultation.
※ e.g.: <Hanyeo>(108minutes, 6 Reels each 2,000ft in length) for two screenings.
Renting Fee =
Material Processing Fees (15,000won×6 Reels×2times=180,000won) +
Additional Processing Fees (50,000won×6Reels=300,000won) = 480,000won
※ Materials categorized as rare materials such as films produced before 1950 and etc., shall be charged 4 times the renting fee.
|Support for subtitle operation
|We provide free Korean Scripts when separately requested after the renting application is submitted. (In the case where we are in possession of the Korean script). When applying to film renting please agree to the condition of donating the subtitles as much as possible. In this case, 10% of the renting fee will be discounted. When the subtitles are used in the future the subtitle donors will be mentioned. |